Tuesday, July 10, 2018

You

Today I saw
A pearl,
An intelligent coffee machine that sings while it brews,
The universe on its back
With its shell cracked open.
And it made me think of you.

I saw someone shrugging into his pants pockets,
Unclean countertops,
A blender blending soap because that's the easiest way to clean it.
And the back of my throat sipped a shake and a story you told me at 7 am.
I felt my underwire dig into my heart today,
And the shadow of a bruise showed up,
Etched in lace.

And for dessert,
I had a raspberry pi-e,
leaving resistors in my teeth.

My mind crafted the missing day of sticky fingers,
sticky lips, pink tongues,
all in theory,
of cotton candy,
For the sugar spinner didn't work that day,
but don't you know,
we've already shared a pink, melting cloud of fun.

Sometimes my car fills up with the smell of instant noodles,
and at 88 miles per hour we could've gone anywhere.

But I went back, all the way back,
when the impossible waves from exploding stars struck LIGO,
and they struck wonder in my heart,
and I thought they shook your gravity too.

And I keep climbing through time
to that impossible mountain of the perpetual sunset,
and climb back down to new dusk again.
But you're not there.

You’re never there
Because it wasn’t our time,
There never will be a time,

And even though the science isn’t there yet,
But here?
It will always be our time.


No comments:

Wolfish

There is hair Everywhere Behind my knees Between that crease, In my nose Between my brows And just yesterday I Found one on my chin Perhaps...