Friday, September 30, 2016

Yes, still.

The heart has a way of finding you
Of reaching out,
Of catching the hiccough in your step
In others.

Or the way you shrug,
Roundedly,
In coy denial
Of your sheer genius.

It has a way of recognizing
Your eyes,
In that,
You don’t recognize yourself anymore
When you look in the mirror
Every day
The same way I do
And I don’t
See myself either.

The heart has a way of knowing
That you too,
Are wary
And aware
Of me.

But if you aren’t
Then so be it.

More happiness to you for it.

But the heart has a way of knowing.

It knows that,
Someday,
Somewhere,
Some place
In some time.

There will be regret,
Felt anew
Maybe by me,
Maybe by you.

I wish it weren’t true.

But the heart has a way
Of knowing
You.



No comments:

Wolfish

There is hair Everywhere Behind my knees Between that crease, In my nose Between my brows And just yesterday I Found one on my chin Perhaps...